We recommend examining the following five considerations:
1) Location. The location of the facility should be considered when planning arrangements for the sake of your convenience.
2) Facility. Does the facility feel right? Is it a clean and pleasant environment? The staff should do their best to ensure that you feel comfortable during your appointment.
3) Professionalism. Evaluate how you are treated by the staff. Is it easy to reach them in person when you call? Are they available to you after hours? Can they answer your questions accurately and efficiently? Do they explain all of the options available to you?
4) Price. You will find that prices vary widely from one facility to another for the exact same services. Determine the services and merchandise you want and obtain a complete and accurate price quote. Facilities are required by law to give you a General Price List and Casket Price List. A General Price List is also required by law to be available on a website.
5) Referrals. Check with family and friends concerning facilities that you are considering. Find out why they liked or disliked a facility and incorporate their experiences into your decision making process.